MYHA 2021-2022 Girls Programs & Events
MYHA aims to offer young female hockey players opportunities to compete at the level that is commensurate with their development and desired commitment as a hockey player, from beginner to college bound, in a community that fosters camaraderie, a lifetime love of the game, and outstanding sportsmanship. To that end, we will be offering the following programs for the 2021-2022 season.
We will also be organizing supplemental events throughout the season to further build the Girls community at MYHA and in the region.
Please us to be notified of upcoming events and ways to give girls an opportunity to play.
For players looking for an all-girls experience, MYHA will offer the following teams in 2021-2022:
19U (National Bound), 16U (National Bound), 14U (National Bound), 12U Travel
- Teams will compete in the CBHL girls divisions as well as select tournaments throughout the season
- Teams will play 30-35 games (plus tournaments) and 19U, 16U, and 14U teams will be National Bound (unless determined otherwise by MYHA)
- Travel teams will generally practice twice a week in addition to a skills clinic once a week, and play 1-2 games per weekend. Practices start in late August, and the season runs through early March and/or through CBHL and USAH playoffs/Nationals.
- Tryouts were held in May, but if new to the area feel free to contact us.
- The MYHA 10U/12U Selects team is designed to give 12U and 10U girls an opportunity to play hockey at the level of a travel team by participating in both the MYHA House League and on an all-girls team.
- The 10U/12U Select Girls Team will generally practice once a week and will have a skills clinic once a week, and will play approximately 20 games throughout the season (plus tournaments) in the appropriate division within the CBHL. In addition, players will practice once a week and play one game a week for their MYHA House Team. In total, 10U/12U Select Plus players will have roughly the same amount of ice time and games as a "travel" team in order to provide as much opportunity to develop as hockey players.
-Practices start in late August, and the season runs through early March
- Tryouts were held in May.
10U/12U Select Girls Team players will also be required to register for MYHA Co-Ed House League (House registration opens in June).
Bronze Program (Birth Years 2005-2010; 2011-2012 to be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- The MYHA Girls Bronze program is designed for girls who want an all-girls team environment and are relatively new to hockey, want to further develop their skills and/or are not able to commit to a travel program. The program will emphasize USA Hockey’s American Development Model (ADM) as it relates to developing athletes, and hockey players, based on their level of play.
- No try-outs are required for the Bronze Program. Players must have completed the MYHA Instructional (or comparable) program, and may also be in the MYHA House program. The Bronze Team is not open to travel or select players.
- The Bronze Program will offer practices once a week (generally on Sat/Sun) and will play cross-ice games approximately once a week, in addition to approximately 10 games throughout the season against other girls or co-ed teams of similar age and/or skill. Please note that there will likely be conflicts between the Bronze Team practices/games and MYA House League practices/games since they both occur generally on the weekends. Visit the Registration page if interested.
8U Jamboree Team
- The 8U Jamboree Team is designed to foster comraderie among this age group’s players and families and give MYHA's youngest girls an opportunity to play hockey.together and compete against other area clubs.
- MYHA works with other CBHL girls programs to organize jamborees and the 8U Jamboree Team may participate in 1-2 tournaments as determined by the coaches.
- There are no try-outs for this program, although players must participate in the MYHA co-ed Mite program.
- Registration opened in June, but players can join up to Dec 1.
For further information, please contact:
For further information, please contact:
Director of Girls Programs
Director of Girls' Hockey